Monday 7 November 2016

My Daughter Was Drugged And She Is Not Missing – Chidinma Okeke's Father

Chidinma Okeke's father has said reports that
his daughter had been declared missing by
the family, are “very far from the truth”. Jerry
Okeke, who spoke to Premium Times by phone
Saturday evening, said his daughter was fine.
“My daughter is not missing and at no time
did I declare her missing,” Mr. Okeke said.

Mr. Okeke said after the scandal sent
shockwaves across the country, the family
immediately moved to save Miss Okeke, 20,
from committing suicide.
Mr. Okeke said he handed over his “little girl”
to another family member because he had to
travel to the family’s ancestral home for
another engagement.

He denied news report quoting him as
declaring his daughter missing in the
aftermath of the racy video. “I have been
trying to make contact with one of The Sun
newspapers that published the story because
they want to sell (market) and I will give them
a seven-day notice to correct it,” Mr. Okeke
said.

But The Sun says it stands by its story. Bruce
Malogo, the editor of Saturday Sun which
published the story, told Premium Times the
headline was appropriate for the direct quotes
from Mr. Okeke, which he said were on the
record. “As it stands now, my daughter is still
a small girl. I don’t know whether she is still
alive or dead. But all I know is that God will
prove Himself worthy to fight His children’s
battle. I don’t have much to say for now,” the
paper quoted Mr. Okeke as saying.
Mr. Okeke, however, maintained his ground.

“I did not tell press man that called me from
The Sun that my daughter is missing or that I
couldn’t find her,” Mr. Okeke reaffirmed.

Specifically, Mr. Okeke said he told The Sun
reporter that the family was holding on to God
for a breakthrough in the wake of the scandal.

“I will allow them (police) to do that (their
job), but I know my daughter was drugged by
some people who took advantage of her as a
young woman.”
Marriage Photos

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

1 comment: