Saturday 8 October 2016

Photo: SS3 student electrocuted to death in Benue State while trying to charge phone from naked wire

Godwin Ejeh, a senior secondary school
student of Jesus College, Otukpo Benue State,
was electrocuted to death in the school hostel
on October 6th while trying to charge his
mobile phone. According to the school
principal Mr Ella Samuel, who spoke to Idoma
Voice, the 18-year-old died while attempting to
charge his phone directly from a naked wire.

"I received a call from one of my staff
yesterday while I was on an assignment that
one of my students has been shocked by
electric, that I should rush down to the clinic
immediately, on reaching the clinic. I only
came to meet his dead body. On getting back
to my school, after some findings, I discovered
that incident happened while he was trying to
charge his phone according to another
student by the name lucky who witness the
incident. I sincerely sympathize with the
family of deceased and I pray his soul rest in
perfect peace. Amen,"

He was laid to rest yesterday 7th October, in
his hometown Ekere Owukpa, Ogbadibo local
government area of Benue state.

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: