Thursday 27 October 2016

'I actually need my haters, they have helped me achieve all I have achieved'- Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he has
mutual admiration for rival Lionel Messi
while also saying he needs haters because
the negative energy from them has helped
him achieve as much as he has achieved in
his career.
He also revealed that former coach Sir Alex
Ferguson played a vital role in his life as a
'fatherly figure' and that Ashley Cole was one
of the toughest defenders he came across.
When asked by Coach Magazine about the
most important lesson football taught him,
The Euro cup winning Portugal captain, Real
Madrid's all time highest goalscorer, model,
business man and 3-time Ballon d'or winner,

said:

'To use negative people and
experiences to motivate you. I actually
need my haters – they have helped
me achieve all I have achieved. There
is a big mutual respect between
myself and Lionel Messi. The media
like to make out like we have this big
rivalry, but we don’t. It is not like we
are good friends, but there is a mutual
respect on both sides.'
'Over the years I had some great
battles with Ashley Cole – he doesn’t
give you a second to breathe. He was
such a tenacious player, quick, tough
in the tackle – when he was at his
peak. You knew it would never be an
easy game.'
On his influences, Ronaldo praised Sir Alex
Ferguson at Man United:
'I do see Sir Alex Ferguson as a father
figure. All my coaches have been
important, but when I arrived at Real
Madrid I was a man, when I arrived at
Manchester United I was a boy. All of
a sudden you are at one of the biggest
clubs in the world, and at that time I
needed somebody like Sir Alex.

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: