Sunday 11 September 2016

We don’t lose, we learn, Pogba reacts to Manchester United derby defeat

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has
broken his silence on their derby fixture defeat
to Pep Guardiola’s Man City.
Paul Pogba insists Manchester United will
learn from their derby defeat to City at Old
Trafford, reports Manchester Evening News.
The Premier League leaders schooled United in
the first-half but United rallied after Zlatan
Ibrahimovic’s brilliant strike and should have
been awarded a second-half penalty for
Claudio Bravo’s lunge on Wayne Rooney.

Pogba was one of a number of United players
who badly under-performed and, having told
journalists in the mixed zone he ‘doesn’t
speak’, he gave his Instagram followers an
update.
Pogba posted: “The season is just starting, we
don’t lose, we learn. United we stand.”
Mourinho felt individual performances
affected United’s approach against Pep
Guardiola’s side.

“I’m clearly disappointed with the the first-
half,” Mourinho stressed. “Disappointed with
some really poor individual performances that
affected the level of the team.
“It was not just about them [Mkhitaryan and
Lingard]. Other players were also not playing
really well and obviously, as well as my
decision, I don’t like to go in the direction of
singling out players. Let’s say our team didn’t
play well in the first-half and their
responsibilities are my responsibilities.

“We didn’t have a tactical problem, we had
problems with poor performances, we lost the
ball very, very easy. Even now our central
defenders today they lost easy balls, bad
passes, first station passes from Bailly to
Fellaini and Blind to Pogba. We lost the ball
in these kind of positions, so it was not Mikhi
and Jesse it was much more than Mikhi and
Jesse.

“I made a couple of decisions that I thought
individual qualities of certain players would
give me what I know that I I want and I didn’t
get it,” he added.
“And at the same time because we were losing
the ball so easily under the pressing we were
making, we were never able to bring the
defensive line up, so we stayed with the
defensive line in our half.
“I didn’t change after 20 minutes because I
don’t want to destroy the players, I didn’t
want to make three changes at half-time
because I was afraid in a long 45 minutes
something might happen, but if it was a sport
in free number of changes and with changes
during the first-half is normal, like basketball,
I would do after 20 minutes.
“But I did at half-time, we changed the
direction of the game but we didn’t get the
compensation I think we deserved in the
second half.”

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: