Wednesday 19 October 2016

Woman offered us N500,000 to kill her husband in Lagos- Suspect says

A plumber identified as Bright Ikechukwu has
narrated how a 41-year-old woman named
Mrs. Chika Orji contracted him and two
others to allegedly kill her estranged
husband.
According to The Nation, Ikechukwu who
came to Lagos from Delta state for the job,
said they were offered drinks and Kola nuts
and promised N500,000 to kill the man.
The suspect who was arrested while trying to
steal from the apartment, said himself and
two of his colleagues had gone to the man’s
house at Jakande Estate, Ajah, on four
occasions but didn’t succeed in stabbing him
as they planned to do.
“I live in Ogwushi -Ukwu, Delta state. My
friend, Ekene, called me on the phone to
inform me that he has a job for me. This
was three weeks ago. I hurriedly came to
Lagos and stayed with him in Ajah, I met
another of his friend, Samuel. He told us
that Madam Chika promised him N500,000
to kill her husband. Thereafter, he told
Samuel to take me to Mr Orji’s house, so as
to be able to identify the target. We went
there and hid inside a tricycle, waiting for
Mr. orji, whom we were told always opened
his gate himself whenever he returned
home. But on that day, it was his daughter
that opened the gate. We went back the
next day, it was his daughter that opened
the gate again. By the time we went the
third day, it was Mr. Orji that opened the
gate himself. The plan was to rush to him
and stab him eight times in the chest, rib
and neck. But Samuel, who was supposed
to stab him went to buy cigarette and by
the time he came back, our target had gone
inside and shut the gate. Out of frustration,
I went back home and told Ekene to give
me my own share of the money that I was
going home. But he said that madam Chika
would only pay after the deed was done. I
decided to go into Mr. Orji’s apartment to
steal instead, in order to get some money
to go back to Delta state. But as I was
trying to jump through the fence, somebody
raised alarm and I was arrested by
vigilantes. I was tied with a wire and
beaten without mercy. I had to open up
when they almost killed me.”
Meanwhile the accused woman has denied
the allegation, claiming she only asked
them to beat him up for denying her access
to their children and selling their property
without giving her share of the money.
She said: “We got married 14 years ago
and have three daughters and a son. All of
a sudden, my husband suddenly became a
wife beater. He would beat me and leave
me with swollen face. He threatened to kill
me. It continued until three years ago,
when he finally chased me out of the house
and denied me access to my children. I
made several efforts to get my children
back, part of which was to report him to
human rights offices for settlement but he
did not honour any of the invitations. Both
families have made attempts to settle us
but he would not listen. He was served with
a court warrant over the issue but he also
refused to show up. Along the line, he sold
the house we both built, for N85 million
but never gave me any dime. He also
stopped my children from visiting me and
any attempt to see them always resulted in
beating. Out of frustration, I told Ekene, our
carpenter, to beat him up, so as to teach
him a lesson. I did not hire anyone to kill
him. I am a frustrated woman and I am
sorry for everything.”she said

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: