Thursday 27 October 2016

Police uncovers fraudsters den in Ogun State

The Nigerian Police force on Wednesday
uncovered a den of fraudsters located inside
the bush in Abule Ifa area of Siun, in
Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of
the Ogun state. Led by the commissioner of
police, Ahmed Iliyasu, the team uncovered
the den which has a bunker well sealed with
cement where unsuspecting members of the
public have been swindled of money and
other valuables.
Speaking with newsmen after inspecting the
hideout, the Assistant Inspector General of
Police, Abdulmajid Ali said
“I think you have gone around yourself
and see some funny stuffs they put in
place. This is not a theatre place. This
is a place for organised crime, where
fraudsters use to deceive innocent
citizens and part with large sums of
money. I have gotten a lot of report
about them and we have been
monitoring them and we have
successfully arrested two of them,”
During the raid, two members of the
group were arrested.
Narrating his experience in the hands of the
fraudsters, one of the victim said:
“When I got inside, they were in the
dark and they were talking to me
saying that they wanted to make me
the richest person in this country. In
this wise, I asked them what my next
action should be. They said that they
will cut down and Iroko tree, calve a
box for me and that I will have to look
for a house where nobody will enter
and put it there. They said I will have
to put 40 million Naira there and that
it will be converted to dollars”.
Photo credit: Channels TV

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: