Monday 24 October 2016

Lagos Landlord sells his house even though tenants' rent expire in 2018, leading to series of unfortunate events

Anaka Eugene narrated his ordeals to Due
Process Advocate Facebook page. Read his
post below:

"Pls come to my aid. Apart from Due
Process Advocate, I rest my case to
God. My landlord sold his house in no
66 Igando rd, Ikotun, Lagos. My rent
will expire in 2018. On 1st October,
the tenants and Agents of the new
landlord met and was officially
informed of the sale.
The Agents said they don't have
business with us, said if we have not
collected our balance, we should do
so from the old landlord, that their
client wants to build filling station
there. They said they have collected
permit from Police and Alausa for
demolition of the house. Even though
some of us like Mr Basil has not
collected his balance. We begged for
time they refused. Threatened that
they bought land somewhere and the
tenants refused to quit, the day they
did, not with a single pin. A week
after the meeting, land use officials
locked our main gate, leaving us with
the only option of following back
yard. There, we found out that the
sucker way pit has been opened by
God knows who. All in effort to
inconvenient us. On 7th October about
midnight some group of youths
invaded our compound, said a boy is
missing and native doctor said the
boy is within the compound. We
allowed them conduct search. On 10th
October, about 10:00am, I was in my
work place when I began to receive
many calls from concerned neighbours
that the missing boy has been found
dead in a sucker way of our
compound. That group of youths are
destroying everything in the yard
including my car. They said I should
not come home that my life is better
than properties. Police was there but
could not stop them. They destroyed
everything and stole every valuables
including my car brain box"

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: