Thursday 1 September 2016

Buhari Called "Garri" In Kano, Osinbajo "Groundnut" & Saraki "Sugar"

Nigerians are indeed very funny people.
Especially my Kano people. On Sunday night, I
was sitting with a guy who sell tea near my
house before call for prayers. An elderly man
came and said, "bani hadin Buhari - Give me
Buhari's mixture" and without saying
anything, the guy gave him tea and small
bread and collected 50 Naira and gave 10
Naira change. Nothing more said. I was
baffled so I asked what that meant and the
tea guy said hadin Buhari mean tea without
milk plus small bread.
Again this morning, a friend came to visit me.
I saw him off to his car and on my way back, I
remembered I needed battery for my wireless
mouse and stopped by a guy running a small
kiosk nearby to get one. Just while I was
walking away, a guy I met there said, "bani
Buhari de Osinbajo - give me Buhari and
Osinbajo". I immediately paused to see what
he meant and again, without uttering a word,
he gave him garri and groundnut. I returned
back to ask again what that meant and he
said Garri is Buhari, Osinbajo is groundnut
while Bukola is sugar. Kano will always make
a comedy out of every circumstance.
So, this afternoon, I feel like having Buhari,
Osinbajo and Bukola.

Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: